Friday, October 1, 2010

Desk Doodle

I like to doodle.

My work notebooks probably contain more doodles, sketches and drawings than notes. (note to self: scan and post pages from notebooks one of these days)  The thing that I ink up more than anything is probably the large desk pad that resides, well, on my desk.

Here are a few shots of what it currently looks like.


I am currently addicted to these Sharpie pens and I have always liked their markers.

Most of the pictures are mine, but in this case there are two characters that are re-drawn or derived from other people's work. Occasionally I like to attempt to re-draw things from artists whose work I admire.  I do this to see how they drew it and to see what I can learn from re-drawing it.  The Clown blowing the bubbles is a creation of Kenny Durkin of Durkinworks. The Blue Monster has to be derived from the works of Hugh Macleod of Gapinvoid.  I admire both of these artists.  Kenny is a Caricaturist/Cartoonist from Florida.  Hugh, well he draws cartoons on the back of business cards (How cool is that?!)


Besides the doodles and ink ramblings I jot down quotes, sayings, lyrics, reminders, things to check out, etc...


I will probably be starting with a new, clean page very soon as this page is almost completely doodled.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment